Senior System Administrator
Senior System Administrator
Senior PeopleSoft Administrator
We are looking for an experienced and skilled PeopleSoft Administrator with proven experience of supporting large production PeopleSoft systems. We are also looking for proven upgrade experience and expertise across Bundling and Patching, Configuration Management, Support, Troubleshooting and Monitoring
- In depth knowledge of servers running PeopleTools 8.5x, Oracle 11g or 12c. System Administration skills in both IBM AIX (or equivalent enterprise Unix) and Microsoft Windows.
- Knowledge of Application Designer and the different objects available within it. Knowledge of non-App Designer objects, and their placement across the various directories and servers.
- Conduct PeopleSoft administration including application system/database support; installation and upgrades; troubleshooting, performance monitoring and coordination in supporting an enterprise environment.
- Configuration Management experience including Version Control, management of Migrations, Troubleshooting and dealing with Development and packaging.
- Demonstrate knowledge of PeopleSoft enterprise architecture concepts, including n-tier, clustered and distributed computing environments
- Responsible for working the process (tracks, initiates, participates, etc) of implementing Application updates, patch bundles, legal changes.
- Escalation point for all Application Support issues.
- Experience of using the Oracle PeopleSoft Upgrade Manager images, download, review, deployment and installation.
- SQL skills across Oracle versions including PL-SQL, data import/export methods.
- Scripting skills across UNIX and Windows.
- Flexible and adaptable
Qualifications & Experience:
- Able to operate outside of core working hours where required
- Fluent in English both written and verbal
- Minimum 6 years PeopleSoft Administration in a HR and Finance production environment for PeopleSoft 8.9, 9.0 or 9.2.
- Build, configure, debug and support PeopleSoft applications in a multi-instance hosting environment.
- Provide expert troubleshooting for isolating technical problems in the PeopleSoft Internet Architecture (PIA) including, tuxedo application servers on UNIX, process schedulers on both UNIX and NT and Web logic configuration.
- Have in-depth knowledge of PeopleSoft Internet Architecture security components
- Work in multiple versions of PeopleSoft and PeopleTools preferably 9.0 (Financials, HRMS and Portal)
- Analyze issues with SQR’s, PeopleCode, Application Engine, Process Schedulers, Application Servers, Application Messaging and Web Servers.
- Performance troubleshooting of Oracle SQL.
- Experience and knowledge of a internal and externally connected PeopleSoft system.
- Develop Scripts and methods to monitor PeopleSoft System – Web/App Tier.
- Documentation, creation of training materials and planning of knowledge transfer.
- Configuring IB, defining gateway, creating and configuring nodes and Troubleshooting IB issues.
- Involved in troubleshooting the App server, Process scheduler and web server.
- SES installation, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Coaching and mentoring of junior members of teams
- Responsibilities for daily maintenance of App server, Web server, Process Scheduler server.
- Experience in PeopleSoft performance and tuning.
- Exposure and working knowledge to the following environments - UNIX, Windows NT / XP, PeopleSoft 9.x, Web logic, Web Sphere, Tuxedo, Crystal, COBOL, SQR.
- Support outages to the environments – Involves late night support.
- IIS installation and configuration on IIS6 and IIS7
- Installation of IIS6 management compatibility components
- Insallation and configuration of PeopleSoft weblogic reverse proxy plug-in components
- Creation/administration of reverse proxy rewrite/redirect rules
- SMTP configuration and administration
- Disk administration monitoring/mounting/unmounting Raw volume monitoring
- Security administration file user and group permissions
- Network concepts including routing, DHCP configuration, DNS configuration
- Troubleshooting and investigation of PeopleSoft environment and infrastructure issues.
- PeopleSoft integration technologies including Integration Broker, Gateways and the troubleshooting of these.
- Ability to explain and teach other IT professionals the PUM process works and how to take fixes from Oracle thru to a production system.
Analysis and Solution Definition
- Quickly understands the business issues and data challenges of Business Partner's organization.
- Identifies Business Partner organization's strengths and weaknesses and suggests areas of improvement.
- Reviews and edits requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution.
- Develops technical specifications and system design specifications for Business Partner engagements.
Technical Recommendation and Testing
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Works with Business Partner personnel to identify required changes
- Communicates needed changes to development team
- Assists in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.
- Takes input from project team / business partners and appropriately and accurately evaluate and applies suggestions/feedback.
- Communicates and applies project standards.
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to our Business Partners.
- Understands the components of running a fiscally successful project.
- Business Partner Management
- Develops relationships with Business Partner personnel that foster Business Partner ties.
- Communicates effectively with Business Partners/ functional team to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen Business Partner relationships.
- Manages Business Partner expectations effectively.
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Exhibit a desire to learn and proactively work with business and other teams.