The role will require the incumbent to work closely with peers within IT especially with the Configuration and Release manager. The position plays a key role in providing a value added service to both Programme and BAU activities
- Provide Database Administration support for Oracle Databases; including space monitoring, performance tuning and database refresh processes.
- Ensuring the health of the systems and databases
- Conduct PeopleSoft administration including application system/database support; installation and upgrades; troubleshooting, performance monitoring and coordination in supporting an enterprise environment.
- Performing operational tasks and activities (e.g., clones, database refreshes, patching, performance tuning, batch scheduling, etc.).
- Demonstrate knowledge of enterprise architecture concepts, including n-tier, clustered and distributed computing environments
- Perform functions of a Database Administrator including entity-relationship design, adherence to data normalization rules, database creation and management, backup and recovery procedures, recovery testing, maintenance plans, disk management, and other duties as appropriate.
- Responsible for initiating, testing, documenting and managing Oracle vendor technical assistance requests to resolution per the client SLA’s.
- Responsible for working the process (tracks, initiates, participates, etc) of implementing Database updates, patch bundles, legal changes, etc
- Escalation point for all Database Support issues
Knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience:
- Must Have
- Able to operate outside of core working hours where required
- Fluent in English both written and verbal
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in Oracle DBA
- ("Oracle DBA" OR "Oracle-DBA") AND Build AND Configure AND Debug AND Support AND (Architecture) AND Unix AND Security Oracle
- Oracle certified DBA
- 6+ years of experience as Oracle DBA.
- Database programming including writing Store Procedures.
- Develop, implement, and maintain processes and procedures for database administration on all servers.
- Develop scripts to perform routine database administration tasks.
- Develop scripts and methods to monitor all databases.
- Manage backup and recovery of databases.
- Manage database and application software upgrades as they effect production databases
- Assist data users and applications development teams in planning efforts by advising them of data conventions and definitions
- Perform database tuning and performance analysis
- Interact closely with support team to assist in problem resolution and proactive maintenance
- Serve as point of contact and responsibility for database and other application vendors when problem escalation is warranted
- Assist in the development of policies for data management pertaining to security, auditability, and privacy, and ensure these policies are complied with
- Must have extensive Oracle tuning experience at the database and PeopleSoft application level
- OEM installation, configuration, and maintenance experience is a plus
- Have in-depth knowledge of database and data security components
- Work with Infrastructure team members (Network, NT and Unix Administrators) to build and deliver services in a stable and secure multi-instance hosting environment.
- Assist with capacity planning, disaster recovery and load balancing activities in the hosting environment
- Support outages to the environments – Involves late night support.
- Desirable Knowledge Unix Server Administration
- Administration mounting/sharing of NFS and NAS shares
- User administration creation/updating/unlocking/password administration
- Disk administration monitoring/mounting/unmounting Raw volume monitoring
- topas/nmon analysis including graphical reporting
- Security administration file user and group permissions
- Shell scripting
- Network concepts including routing, DHCP configuration, DNS configuration
- Printer device/queue administration
Competencies: (Choose most appropriate 5):
- Drive – Demonstrates high levels of energy and persistence to achieve results
- Delivery – Focuses on delivering results reliably, efficiently and effectively
- Entrepreneurship – Spots and develops new business opportunities
- Ownership – Seeks and takes accountability
- Leadership – Inspires and energises others to achieve results
- Communication and Impact on others – Builds engagement through active communication
- Developing Others – Nurtures talent through investing time and energy in others
- Commercial thinking and judgement – Understands key business drivers and the importance of using commercial acumen when making decisions
- Collaboration - Encourages co-operation, networking and shared learning across our stakeholders
- Building our reputation – Champions Hays’ reputation for “recruiting expertise” at all appropriate opportunities
- Improvement – Focuses on the quality of outputs whilst pursuing improvement for the benefit of our clients, candidates and Hays
- Future Oriented – Articulates a position on the future and identifies ways to bring this to reality for the benefit of the client, candidate and Hays
- Associate – MDM
- Associate – Vendor Partner
- Data Engineer
- Java Developer
- Oracle DBA
- PeopleSoft Technical Engineer
- SaaS DevOps and Infrastructure Engineer
- Senior Software Engineer (PeopleSoft Technical)
- Senior Software Engineer (PeopleSoft Techno Functional - AR,BI, Contracts, Projects, Paybill)
- Senior Software Engineer - SharePoint and Office 365 Developer
- Software Engineer
- Software Engineer (PeopleSoft Security)
- Sr. BI Developer
- Technical Lead - RPA
- Test Engineer